World Day for Migrants and Refugees
Lord Jesus, You call us to welcome the members of God’s family who come to our land to escape oppression, poverty, persecution, violence, and war. Like Your disciples, we too are filled with fear and doubt and even suspicion. We build barriers in our hearts and in our minds.
Lord Jesus, help us by Your grace,
• To banish fear from our hearts, that we may embrace each of Your children as our own brother and sister;
• To welcome migrants and refugees with joy and generosity, while responding to their needs;
• To realize that You call all people to Your holy mountain to learn the ways of peace and justice;
• To share of our abundance as You spread a banquet before us;
• To give witness to Your love for all people, as we celebrate the many gifts they bring.
We pray that You protect migrants on their journey, and that You give them Your divine protection and shield them from evil. We ask that You open our hearts so that we may provide hospitality for those who come in search of refuge, so that we might welcome them as one of our own. We pray this through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, Who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God forever and ever. Amen.For refugee and migrant children who have been separated from their families, that God will provide His protection, we pray to the Lord. Lord, hear our prayer!