A prayer from the words of Pope Francis:
O Mary, you always shine on our path as a sign of salvation and of hope. We entrust ourselves to you, Health of the Sick, who at the cross took part in Jesus' pain, keeping your faith firm. You, Salvation of the Roman People, know what we need, and we are sure you will provide so that, as in Cana of Galilee, we may return to joy and to feasting after this time of trial. Help us, Mother of Divine Love, to conform to the will of the Father and to do as we are told by Jesus, who has taken upon himself our sufferings and carried our sorrows to lead us, through the cross, to the joy of the resurrection. Amen. St. Rocco, protector against the plague and all contagious diseases, pray for us.
- *** Middle School is requesting that as of 3/23, that checklists ONLY are being submitted with the exception of Mrs. S writings when specifically directed in the days assignment.
Middle School Families, please click on HOMEWORK PAGE which will direct you to finding your child's ENTIRE ELearning assignment list for EVERY subject for the day. This can also be accessed above on the St.Jude webpage through Class Pages titled the same " Homework Page"
FOR MRS. MODLIN'S CLASSROOM POLICIES PLEASE SEE THE FOLLOWING:
A brief word about e-learning science and religion assignments:
Religion and science are both topics that are better discussed and done together. During this time you will find that many of the assignments have at least some component that asks for collaboration. I will NOT require, but HIGHLY recommend completing these portions of the assignments with a classmate (or two or three). I will be deferring to parents for what that collaboration looks like. This could mean face timing, skyping, or calling a classmate to discuss what you are working on. This could mean meeting together in person at one student's house (or at a park or other outdoor space?). This could mean one thing this week, but something different next week. Things are very fluid as we continue to seek guidance from CDC recommendations and I feel it is best to not specifically define what collaboration and group input will look like during this time. My point is that collaboration is best practice and I ask that if possible and safe, parents help students to initiate some kind of collaboration with classmates (or siblings) to complete assignments. If this is not possible or deemed unsafe by CDC, I will allow students to complete tasks to the best of their ability with out the collaboration. This does NOT mean don't do the assignment if it is asking for collaboration or input from others.
Virtue of the Week: Patience
Creating a quizlet account:
Quizlet is a website in which students can study vocubulary for science units. I have choosen vocabluary straight out of our units (and probably on the test) to create my study sets from. Students can also use quizlet to study for other topics by searching for them on quizlet. This is a great study resource!
1. go to www.quizlet.com
2. click on the aqua sign up button in the top right corner
3. fill in information. PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR LAST NAME OR REAL BIRTHDAY!
4. once you click log in, you will be sent a confirmation email. Parents MUST open the email and click the blue confirm button.
5. You will be brought back to quizlet and allowed to log in with your usename and email.
6. once you are logged into quizlet, go to the search bar at the top and type in "St Jude 5th grade science" (replace the grade with whichever one you are in)
7. Near the top you will see three tabs: study sets, classes, and users. Click on the tab for classes and find the class that says "St Jude __th grade science" (whatever your grade is, fill in the blank) and the town listed under it should be South Bend, IN. We are the only one from South Bend.
8. Once you click on this class, it will take you to our class page and there will be a green button near the right corner that says "request to join". click this and a request will be sent to me so I can confirm you. Once confirmed you have access to all study sets for your grade for the year!
Lab make ups:
PLEASE CHECK THE ABSENT BIN IF YOU ARE ABSENT DURING A LAB DAY!
If students have been absent for a lab, they will need to make it up during a Friday elective period instead of participating in their class's activities. If they have only missed part of the lab, they may collect missing data or other information from other students in their group. All papers from lab can be found in the absent box in my classroom.